To exercise and perform workouts is important and efficient to feel much better, we all know that, but what are the benefits of exercising outdoor? We will receive additional benefits simply by performing outdoor.
But also we should focus on the weather and temperature, if the weather is super intense with rain or snow we can perform our nice workouts indoor at home or at the gym. Or if some people have a group setting or need a variety of equipment, sometimes we can go train at the gym.
That evidence seems to support the fact that outdoor activity kicks in some additional benefits when it comes to exercise. Research shows that exercising outdoors can actually increase the benefits we get from our activity.
When we exercise outdoor we feel so much more happiness and positivity. According to some studies, there are so many health benefits of exercising outdoor.
12 Health Benefits of Exercising Outside
1. Sunshine- Vitamin D is a necessary nutrient we get from the sun. Studies show a lack of vitamin D can contribute to depression and sadness. It’s a good idea to get a certain amount of real sunlight each day we have access to some sun. Just don’t go too far and get burned, and make sure to use sunblock if you’re going to be out for a long period of time.
2. Alleviate Depression- If you’ve been finding yourself feeling low and leaning toward depression, getting yourself out the door can help. There’s just something about being outside that seems to lift our mood and bring on the happiness. According to research, compared with exercising indoors, exercising in natural environments was associated with greater feelings of revitalization and positive engagement, decreases in tension, confusion, anger, and depression, and increased energy.
3. Boost Self-Esteem- Exercising outdoor is where we should be if we’re not feeling mentally well, we should get ourself some good exercises, and enjoy the benefits of both the great outdoors and moving our body.
4. Change of Scenery- If we get bored with the same old area, the outdoors is always a little different. And, a change of scenery can boost our motivation and spark a desire to try different exercises.
5. Commune with Mother Nature- There is something to be said about the meditative qualities of just being outside in the fresh air and sunshine. Getting away from all the electronics, piped in air, loud music, and gym negative training is a welcome to cancel punishment.
6. Get Fresh Air- Don’t underestimate the power of fresh air. According to a study on environmental pollution, trees help clean the air of toxins, and naturally, getting away from piped-in air is a good thing.
7. Easy Access- No worries about hours. One of the benefits of exercising outside is that it’s right there, and we have easy access, any time we’re ready to go according to our schedule.
8. Happiness- People report feeling happier when they exercise outdoors than when they do so inside a fitness facility. Feeling the sunshine, smelling flowers and freshly cut grass, hearing nice birds, and getting a boost of fresh air has been shown to significantly boost our mood.
9. Better Workouts- Studies show that we use more energy covering the same distance outdoors versus when we’re indoor. We burn more calories and also people put much more effort during outdoor activities.
10. Less Stress- So many benefits, performing workouts and exercises outdoor will lower our cortisol levels.
11. Motivation- When exercising outdoors, our nice motivation will increase. Performing outdoor exercise does tend to push our energy level, so we will tend to do more.
12. Improve Your Immune System- Exercise leads to an increase in natural killer cells, neutrophils, and monocytes, which ultimately increases immune function. And what happens in our cells when we’re surrounded by fresh air and perform exercises outdoor can boost our immune system for more than a week.
Enjoy Some Nice And Much Better Outdoor Workouts, Feel Better, More Happiness, More Motivation, More Energy, And Enjoy Better Runs!