Benefits of Kinesiology Tape
Supports And Reduces Injuries
Provides Pain Relief
Prevents Injuries And Fatigue
How to Use Kinesiology Tape to Reduce Swelling And Support Injuries
Kinesiology tape can be used to support various sport injuries and musculoskeletal. Kinesiology tape will help reduce inflammation, which increases blood circulation, lymph, tissue fluids, which will provide a natural and faster recovery of muscle and joint pain. Using Kinesiology Tape during activities and rehabilitation, the Sports Tapes will provide good support and stability for the joints and muscles. One of my favourite Kinesiology Tape brand is KT Tape, which is a very popular brand. The KT Tape is a very high-quality sports tape, some other brands have a lot of chemicals in the tape fabric. I prefer to use the KT Tape brand, it is very efficient, because once it is applied we can wear it for days on end without it moving, even when showering.
Applying Kinesiology Tape for Swelling & Inflammation
When we have inflammation from an injury we are going to have less movement which can delay the start of physical therapy because we are holding fluid in the joint. The biggest difference when using tape for inflammation and swelling is that we are not creating any tension to the tape when applying it.
How To Apply Kinesiology Tape
Apply on clean, dry, oil-free skin.
Apply at least 30 minutes before running, workouts or training.
Do not apply on wounded or damaged skin areas.
Remove gently by rolling it out with lotion or after showering after use. If you feel some skin irritation, remove tape softly.
Common Injuries To Use Kinesiology Tape
1. Hamstring Strain
2. Quad Strain
3. Calf Strain
4. Runner’s Knee Pain
5. Achilles Tendonitis
6. Ankle Sprain
7. Foot Metatarsal Strain
8. Gluteus Pain
9. Shin Splints
10. Plantar Fasciitis
11. Shoulder Pain
12. Hand Wrist Damage
13. Tennis or Golfer’s Elbow
8 TIPS TO APPLY KINESIOLOGY TAPE
1. Trim or shave excess hair from the area to be applied.
2. Use rubbing alcohol to remove any lotions or oils on the skin. Allow the skin to completely dry.
3. If you need to make any cuts in the KT Tape, make sure you round the corners as this helps to avoid the tape from snagging on clothing.
4. Start by removing the backing paper from the centre. Do not touch the adhesive part of the tape, keep your fingers on backing paper instead.
5. When applying the anchor on the first strip, do not allow there to be any stretch on the last two inches on either end. This can cause the KT Tape to detach and pull on the skin.
6. To ensure a good stretch, use your thumb and index finger to apply even pressure across the width of the KT Tape strip.
7. Stretch the strip to the desired length and then release about 20% of the stretch before applying.
8. For solid adhesion, rub vigorously for 10 seconds or more, the heat activates the adhesive, allowing for a longer duration of use.
Top Benefits Of Using Kinesiology Tape
1. Reducing Swelling And Inflammation
2. Creates Spaces in Joints
3. Improves Blood And Fluids Circulation
4. Stimulate Bruise And Contusion Recovery
5. Prevents and Relieves Muscle Spasms And Cramping
6. Accelerates Muscle Recovery
7. Supports Injured Muscles
8. Guarantee Comfort
9. Reduces Risk Of Injury
10. Moves Freely
11. Improves Muscle Tone And Strength
Top Kinesiology Tape Brands
KT Tape Pro- Kinesiology Tape
Gripit- Kinesiology Tape
Rocktape- Kinesiology Tape
Use And Appreciate Kinesiology Tape, So Efficient To Support Injuries, So You Can Enjoy More Nice Runs!